April Is Financial Literacy Month
Let’s Celebrate! Request Free Supplies Today…
Financial education is the premier core value of the Credit Union Movement and April is the perfect time for you to share your support for financial literacy with your members, staff, and the communities you serve.
Celebrate Financial Literacy Month at your credit union and help support these important programs.
- Financial literacy grants to credit unions
- The Millionaire’s Club high school program
- Free Quicken™ personal finance software
- Support for community financial fitness days
The Foundation has awarded $500,000+ in financial literacy grants and programs.
Please Help Keep These Programs Alive!
Here’s how you can celebrate Financial Literacy Month, involve your members and staff, and have fun doing it –
- Designate all or a portion of April as your credit union’s Financial Literacy Month observance.
- Inform your staff about the idea, especially frontline staff who work directly with members.
- Plan a financial literacy offering for your members and/or community. For help, visit cufound.org/finlit-grant
- Ask your staff to invite every member they serve to support the Foundation’s financial literacy programs. “Would you like to make a donation in support of financial literacy?” Suggest a donation as small as $1.
- Donors receive a donor sticker or a donor sign that they add their name(s) to and display in your lobby area(s).
- At the end of your Financial Literacy Month observance, forward the donations to the Foundation where they will be used for local financial education programs.
Include information on your Financial Literacy Month observance in your printed and digital newsletters and on your website:
- Click here to download a sample newsletter article.
- Click here to download our “Smart Money” artwork.
- Click here to add the Foundation’s logo to your promotions.
View The Financial Literacy Month Promo Flyer
And, the credit union that raises the most will receive the Financial Literacy Month Credit Union of the Year Trophy! (standing calculated by total funds raised / total membership)
Support Financial Literacy – Request your Financial Literacy Promo Kit and supplies today!
Donations are tax-deductible